Monday, May 9, 2011

A Classless Exit for Jackson, L.A. Lakers.

(I'm going to start this off with stating that I am, indeed, a Lakers fan, so I'm writing this in all honesty of how I saw this game Sunday.)

Who knew such big men could act like such little babies? Since when are flagrant fouls (not to mention 1 minute apart from each other) an acceptable form of basketball? Well, its not, and I feel like the Lakers got what they deserved Sunday. A game is a game, which ever way you look at it. The reason it's a competitive sport if because noone has the upper hand. We may have had Phil Jackson, who through the years has coached the Chicago Bulls to six titles and the Los Angeles Lakers to five titles, but none of that matters when you hit the court. The Mavs came to win, and winning is what they did. Phil Jackson noted this will be the last game he coaches, after recieving a $35K fine from the NBA for making comments about the refs. I wish I could sit here and get into detail about the game, even the series, but this is what I took away from this series, a bunch of grown men who don't know how to handle losing. It's sad when these multi-million dollar salary players decide to take the low route and exit the game with an ejection because they can't handle losing. Trust me, I give them the benefit of the doubt that it's not easy to lose, let alone by that much and be swept in the series, but with the contract they sign, this isn't just a game, its their CAREER. Kobe Bryant said it simple and best by saying "You don't want to see that. You don't want any of their players getting hurt."

So rest up this off-season, Lakers. I look forward to seeing you next season. (Maybe minus a few of you ;) )

Let's Go Bulls!

No comments:

Post a Comment