Tuesday, June 14, 2011

June 8, 2003

First off, sorry about the lack of Derek Jeter updates these past few days...things got a little crazy!!

Today, i'm sharing an article from June 8,2003...the last time the New York Yankees played the Chicago Cubs, and quite possibly the most important game i've ever been to...

It was the last major league game I got to attend with my dad, and I remember it like it was yesterday. I remember having to park miles away because of the huge crowds around Wrigley Field. I remember sitting right behind home plate, seats away from Brian Urlacher and his brother. Laughing so hard about anything and everything with my dad, talking about baseball and having him explain every little detail to me about the game. Eating hotdogs, nachos, peanuts and most importantly, cotton candy ;) I remember being able to hear the collision of Kerry Wood and Hee Seop Choi which knocked Choi unconscious. But far more importantly, I remember being so ecstatic that I got to spend it all with my dad, the person who is responsible for my love of the game. Everytime I step into a baseball stadium now, I get butterflies, the way I did that very day, at age 13. It's a feeling I can't really describe, the joy that baseball brings to my life and the way I hold it so close to my heart.

I thought i'd share some memories of this game with all of you, not only because this weekend will be the first Cubs/Yankees series since then, but also because it just so happens to fall on Fathers Day :) I am so lucky and so blessed to have these memories with my dad. I hope everyday you guys make lasting memories with the ones you love...I can't stress the importance of that enough!

So check out this article and while you do, count your blessings
http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/recap?gameId=230608116




No comments:

Post a Comment